Thursday 2 July 2015

The Amazing Adventures of Ngeru: Part IV - Canada Day!

Dear Marvellous Meerkats,

It's an important day in Canada today. It's their birthday. They turned 148 today. That's pretty old isn't it? That's not as old as New Zealand. Do you know how old New Zealand is?

I had a really fun day celebrating. Can I tell you a secret? It's not over yet. Today I got to go to Toronto. That's the biggest city in Canada. We have a tall tower like you do in Auckland, but it's a little bit bigger. Here's a picture of me in front of the CN Tower and a picture of what the Sky Tower would look like if they were beside each other. It's a very big tower.

 photo 123.jpg
I also got to go to another baseball game. I got a Canadian flag and a team jersey for the Toronto Blue Jays. It was an exciting game. Here is a picture of me later in the day.


Later I made a new friend. Her name is Lexi. She gets excited very easily. And she's much bigger than I am. I was a bit scared, but she is nice.



When the sun goes down tonight, I will go and watch some fireworks. This is something lots of people do in Canada on Canada Day. I can't take pictures because it will be too dark. Do you ever go see fireworks? When do you go see them?

I have to go now, but I will write to you again soon.

I hope you are having a good time without me.

Your friend,
Ngeru


2 comments:

  1. I miss you and Mr Davidson. How are you? Lots of love, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was wondering where Ngeru had gone... Pls make sure you look after Mr Davison and come back safely... Wow Canada Day... Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.