Monday 13 July 2015

The Amazing Adventures of Ngeru: Part V: Chicago, The Windy City

Hi Marvellous Meerkats!

Wow, I have been so busy I haven't had time to write. But I did have time to take lots of pictures. I spent an amazing week in the city of Chicago. Did you know that there are more people in Chicago than there are in the whole country of New Zealand? Actually, there are twice as many people in Chicago as there are in New Zealand. That's a lot of people! There are lots of interesting things to do there though.

Before I left for Chicago, I was really lucky to get to see something right where I'm staying. This is a picture of the Stanley Cup. It's the trophy that they give t the best team in the National Hockey League. And I only had to walk five minutes to get to see it. Do you know which team won this last?


When I was driving to Chicago, I saw this sign. I thought someone in your class might find it interesting...



This is a baseball stadium. It's very famous because it's more than 100 years old. It has ivy on the wall instead of the regular cushions.


This is what Chicago looks like from the water. Look at all those big buildings!


I got to visit a museum all about space! They had a rock that some astronauts brought back from the moon!


Here is a model of one of the robots that they sent to Mars! I bet if you worked really hard to learn about robots, you could send one there.


This is a very cool looking stage for concerts in the park.


I really like this picture of me. The thing behind me is called "The Bean." Lots of people liked looking at it and taking pictures.


This is from a science museum. Can you see the big airplane. It's inside a building!


Can you name this dinosaur?


This is my favourite dinosaur. It's a bit harder to name. I bet you could figure it out if you were really clever.


I found a Marae in Chicago. How cool is that?!?


I went to one place and got shrunk down to a very small size. I ran into this scary thing here...


... and here too! I don't like spiders. I'm glad it already has something to eat.


Remember that tall building from the picture before? I got to go to the top and take some pictures. It was a very nice view.


There was even a place where I could stand on the floor that had a glass bottom. You could see all the way down. It was very far and very scary. But I was brave.


And this is me at the bottom of that building


1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.