Sunday 19 July 2015

The Amazing Adventures of Ngeru: Part VII - Another Hamilton (and my Journey back to New Zealand)

Dear Marvellous Meerkats,

I am so tired right now. I have just been on an airplane for 13 hours! But I am very happy to be back home and I'm very excited to see you tomorrow!

But before I see you, I want to share the last few days of my trip. I got to visit with your teacher in the place where he lived when he was little. It's a city called Hamilton. No, not the one you can drive to from Auckland. This Hamilton is in Canada. It's got lots of trees and a mountain. Well, they say it's a mountain, but it looks like a really big hill. I got to climb to the top and look at the city. It was very beautiful. I even got to see the school that your teacher went to when he was your age. It looks very different from your school.





On the way back, I got to stop in Vancouver again. There were some pretty neat statues and carvings in the terminal. I also got to see some big mountains outside. I even spotted the plane I would travel on for that very long journey.





It's been a fun journey, but I'm glad to be back home. And I can't wait to see all of you tomorrow! I wonder what adventures we can get up to this term?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.