Saturday 28 February 2015

Skoolbo

Hi Parents and Caregivers,

I have talked to some of you about Skoolbo. As part of a future-focused classroom this year, one thing we are trialling is whether or not online educational games can help children learn. This particular game is free and, in my opinion, looks promising. The children will be playing this game as part of their reading and maths activities during learning time and will have access before school as well. I am encouraging them by offering to buy them all lunch if they collectively get 1 million answers. Though this number may seem daunting, it only requires students to answer around 1000 questions a week, which several students have been able to do so far (one student was able to answer over 4000 in one week). To do this, though, they will most likely have to play the game at home. If you have Internet access it is really easy. The following letter from Skoolbo may help to explain things a bit better.


The following links will be helpful to you:

To sign in online: http://dashboard.skoolbo.co.nz/

To download the app on your computer: http://skoolbo.co.nz/downloads

If you require their login details, you can ask me in a comment on here (I have some of your emails) and I can send you that info. But ask your child first as they may know their login already.

I currently give 1 house point for every 100 questions children answer, and I may start posting the Skoolbo Rankings on the blog as well.

Please leave a comment on here if you have any questions.

I am also in the process of setting up some sort of email list so that you have a further avenue for communication with me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Michael Davidson

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how long it will take to get to 1 million points? Is there a countdown in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email sent. I removed your comment so you don't get a bunch of random people emailing you.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.